Mi drop is the peer to peer mobile transfer manufactured by Xiaomi Company and the most prior reason of recommending it as the best alternate is that it doesn’t show the ads on their dashboard so that you will not distract during the transfer process.
There are many mobile companies all over the world but Mi is the one in very few who provide the service for transferring files from one mobile to another or pc.
The Mi drop app is available on Google play store for free and on the other hand you can also download the application for free in your window PC.
So in this article we will provide you detailed steps that how to use Mi drop and transfer files with a window PC.
Table of Contents
Use Mi Drop with Window PC
In order to Use Mi drop and transfer files from PC to mobile or mobile to PC you must need Mi drop in your mobile phone and FTP access in your window PC and after that, follow these simple steps.
1. Connect the PC and mobile with a common wireless network.
2. In mobile, open Mi drop and press three dots options in upper right corner.
3. Select Connect to Computer screen and press start option.
(Check the import location wheatear it is internal storage or SD card)
4. Copy FTP address in the blue bar of Mi drop and also type the same address in Window explorer including FTP:// and press enter button.
5. If you have build successful connection then your mobile storage will be shown on your computer screen.
6. So now, you can drag and drop the files that you want to transfer.
So these steps will help to transfer the files wirelessly and help you a lot in case if you don’t want to connect with USB cable. Although, the process will work exactly same as connecting with USB cable but you will get a good transfer speed in the process.
The process is quite common in transferring video, images or document files.
FTP Transfer with FileZilla
If you want to make the above task more simple and fast then you can also use FTP program like FileZilla.
FileZilla will helps to resend the failed file transfers and also helps in making the transfer in queue so that you don’t have to wait the current transfer to proceed further.
So here are the exact processes through which you can use FileZilla to transfer the files through Mi drop.
1. Download FileZilla in your Window PC.
2. In the host box, type FTP address that you will get through Mi drop.
(Leave Username and password blank)
3. Click on the Quick Connect option and you will get phone storage in right side of the panel.
4. So now, you can directly transfer the files by dragging the files from PC to phone or from Phone to PC.
However, Mi drop doesn’t need username and password as it create dynamic connection but somehow if you face any issue in connecting or transferring the files then you can set a password so that it will work.
How to Use Mi drop in Transferring Files in Android Devices
The process of transferring files through Mi drop in mobile phones is quite simple. You just need to follow these simple steps.
1. Install Mi Drop in both mobile phones and connect using Wi-Fi network.
2. In one mobile phone from which you want to send file press the send option on the screen.
(Choose the files that you want to transfer. You can use multiple files or single file)
3. In second mobile, press receive button and after the process your files transfer process will get start. You just need to press ok button to allow the files.
How to Change import Destination folder in Mi Drop
Sometimes the default import location is not appropriate to receive files so you need to change the files destination.
In order to change the destination folder, you just need to tap three dots in upper right corner of Mi drop and in the menu option you will get the location folder.
So from here, you can change the destination location as per your convenience.
There are many alternatives of Mi drop available in the market but Mi drop is ad free option and most easy to use.
So in this article you get to know the process of using Mi drop and relevant information like changing destination folder and many more.
If you still have any doubt regarding the steps then feel free to ask in the comment section.
We are more than happy to assist you.